Parking in St Ives
A guide to parking in St Ives. Exploring Beyond St Ives is best done by car but to know St Ives is to understand its parking opportunities. There are a select number of short and long stay spaces in and around town so be aware of busy times during any given day or time of year.
There is a fantastic Park & Ride system operating during peak months that takes full advantage of the St Ives branch line railway. Park the car at Lelant Saltings station then board the Park & Ride train as it weaves around the bay with breathtaking views of the sea, stopping at Carbis Bay and Porthminster, St Ives.
In town, there are five long stay and three short stay public car parks in St Ives, run by Cornwall Council which all use a phone and pay code.
Short Stay Car ParksParking in St Ives
Long Stay Car ParksOvernight etc
Park & Ride Options
Park & Ride Royal Square
Trenwith Carpark to Royal Square Bus Service
Parking in St Ives is improved by using the Park and Ride system. Trenwith Carpark is the largest carpark in St Ives. It is recommended to drive here directly, rather than trying to park in the town centre.
There will be shuttle buses waiting to take you into the town centre, they will drop you off at Royal Square. They run regularly and in the summer will continue until approximately 11 pm. If there is not a bus when you want one, there is a taxi rank opposite the bus stop.
A frequent service (intervals of not less than every 10 minutes) is provided jointly by St Ives Bus Company and Royal Buses between 10 am and 7 pm. Additional evening services are provided during the summer. Concessionary passes are not valid on this service.
St Ives Bus Company routes:
- Route 1: Royal Square St Ives Leisure Centre Carpark – Penbeagle – Stennack/Leach Pottery – Tesco Carbis Bay
- Route 2: Royal Square St Ives – Leisure Centre Carpark
- Route 3: Royal British Legion – Stennack Post Office – Royal Square St Ives – St Ives School – St Ives Junior School
- Route 5: Stennack/Leach Pottery – St Ives Rugby Club – Ayr Holiday Park – Royal Square St Ives – Trenwith Carpark
- Route 6: Stennack/Leach Pottery – St Ives Rugby Club – Ayr Holiday Park – Porthmeor Beach/Tate St Ives
Royal Buses routes:
- Royal Square St Ives to Polmanter Touring Park
- Royal Square St Ives to Trenwith Carpark
- Royal Square St Ives to Trevalgan Touring Park
- Royal Square St Ives to Penderleath Campsite
Taking The Train
Park & Ride Lelant Saltings
Lelant Saltings to St Ives Railway Station
Park your car and take the Train. It’s easy to get to (TR26 3DL) and has plenty of room. It’s the best way to avoid queuing in traffic to get into St Ives. Instead, enjoy a ride on one of Britain’s most scenic railways. The cost to park all day is £2.80 (pay by cash or mobile phone) and you will need to buy a train ticket as well. Train tickets are available from the ticket booth or when the booth is unattended, from the guard on the train.
Trains run approximately every half hour (hourly in the late evening).
- St Ives Bay Line Ranger – this ticket gives you the freedom to travel the St Erth to St Ives branch line as much as you like, all day long for a flat fare of £4 adult, £2 child. Groups of four adults can travel on a group ticket for £8. A Family ticket, covering two adults and up to three children (5-15) costs £10.
- Dogs allowed – you can take up to two dogs per person on the train, free of charge. Just bring a lead.
More information on the St Ives Bay line on the the Great Scenic Railway website.
Park & Ride St Ives Rugby Club
St Ives Rugby Club to Porthmeor Beach
St Ives RFC provides a regular midi-bus service that transports passengers to the Tate at Porthmeor Beach, which is less than 5min walk from the harbour. The buses are run by St Ives Bus Company and run from approximately 10 am every 10 – 15 min. The fare for this is £1. Parking costs £5 for 24 hours.
Staying For A While? You Need Weekly Rover Tickets
It is recommended that if you are coming for a week or longer to obtain a weekly rover ticket this will allow you to park in all five long stay Cornwall Council car parks. The rover ticket is charged at £47 per week (£94 for two weeks), you can apply through the Cornwall Council website here.
Further information can be obtained on the Cornwall Council website. Buying a rover ticket from Cornwall Council does not guarantee you a parking space.
St Ives Secure Parking
St Ives Secure Carpark parking services will be useful for anybody visiting St Ives. Spaces for cars are individually sectioned off, avoiding the risk of scratches to or from neighbouring vehicles. Each space measures a large 6x3m. Advance booking advised – but late bookings are usually available. Please contact us in advance to ensure that a space is available and to arrange our collection service. Contact us to book or for more information.
- Secure compound with CCTV and floodlights
- 24h unlimited access via key coded gate
- Guaranteed space for the duration
- Free collection and delivery to/from your destination
- Generous spaces for 4×4 and large vehicles
- Each space individually roped off
- 2min drive to St Ives town centre
- Car valet available to carpark users at a special price of £25
- Parking available for long term
Parking Prices from:
- 7 days £45
- 10 days £60
- 14 days £75