- More Info
A collection of 13 sculptures by the highly regarded St Ives sculptor, John Milne. Milne studied electrical engineering at Salford Royal Technical College but transferred to the Art School in 1951 to study sculpture and painting. After briefly studying at the Académie de la Grande Chaumière in Paris and making the first of what would become regular visits to Greece, Milne moved to St Ives. He became the pupil of, and later assistant to, Barbara Hepworth with whom he established a close friendship. Milne’s early work was directly carved in stone, but from 1966 he started experimenting with metals and learned cold casting methods for bronze and aluminium.
Mon-Sat, 10am to 6pm