- Throwing food is classed as littering – Don’t feed them.
- Gulls have learnt how to snatch food from people by swooping down and at you so try eating against a wall.
- Never leave food unattended.
- Gulls don’t normally like to hunt for food from people in confined spaces so perhaps explore the narrow streets of St. Ives.
- Explain to your children the reasons why we shouldn’t feed gulls.
- Don’t give a gull an opportunity to swipe food from you – be alert and keep food close to you.
- Keep away from nests and young gulls.
- Bin any unwanted food.
- Keep close to your child when they are eating.
You can download the information poster here.
Keep our town safe and tidy!