The Leach Pottery is considered by many to be the birthplace of British studio pottery. Bernard Leach played a crucial pioneering role.
Beware of the Gulls
There are a high number of gulls in this area
- Gulls associate people with food, this can cause injuries when they try and snatch food from you.
- Gulls carry diseases such as E-Coli and Salmonella.
- Gulls are very protective of their young and may attack people or pets.
- We need to break their habits and encourage them to hunt in their natural habitat by limiting their access to our food.
- Feeding gulls affects their health.
Hints and Tips
- Throwing food is classed as littering – Don’t feed them.
- Gulls have learnt how to snatch food from people by swooping down and at you so try eating against a wall.
- Never leave food unattended.
- Gulls don’t normally like to hunt for food from people in confined spaces so perhaps explore the narrow streets of St. Ives.
- Explain to your children the reasons why we shouldn’t feed gulls.
- Don’t give a gull an opportunity to swipe food from you – be alert and keep food close to you.
- Keep away from nests and young gulls.
- Bin any unwanted food.
- Keep close to your child when they are eating.
You can download the information poster here.
Keep our town safe and tidy!
At Good Folks Barbershop, we serve up premium men’s haircuts, beard and moustache shaping and traditional hot towel cut throat shaving.
Godrevy, owned by the National Trust, takes the brunt of the Atlantic swell and is one of the more exposed beaches of the North coast.